Monday, January 14, 2008

New beginnings in 2008

While I don't do the typical New Year Resolution thing, I do tend to start things over with the changing of the calendar year.


For instance, I've gone into my Virtual Trip Across America account and wiped out all the 2007 data while adding the 1.7 miles I rode today. I won't be reposting the pictures for the first 30 or so miles, and even after that I may not post them at all. It's still too early to know how I'll feel about it.

I've also started adjusting my eating habits. During the months of November and December (2007) I was looking over my food logs and discovered that on days following a series of low carb days, I felt more energetic, ached less, and generally felt better. So! While I'm not exactly working towards a low carb life-style, I am working on keeping my carb intake per day lower than what I have allowed it to be in previous years.

And, finally, my weight. As I enter this new year it's up again, but I did spend a great deal of time not exercising during the later part of 2007. When I stepped on the scale this morning I was told that I weighed 273.8 pounds. I haven't yet set any weight goals for this year. I'm focused more on feeling better and having fewer days that I spend curled on the couch because it simply hurts too much to move. If I shed some pounds along the way then yay! I get new clothes! If not, then I'm ok with that too. And I still get new clothes.

---------
mile check: 1.7
weight check: 273.8

No comments: